A few tweaks

Use this forum to post comments or suggestions about the current beta

Moderator: Derek

A few tweaks

Postby Glenn » Tue Aug 02, 2005 12:03 pm

Hi Derek;
You wrote:
I think the resource leak is now fixed. A new build (3.1.9.3) is on the beta page.

Yes, I believe it is so. At least I should not have gotten this far if it wasn't. Good show! Now that I've had the opportunity to explore the beta a little further I have just a couple of minor concerns. In wc3.1 the insert correction command would insert a correction beginning with the minimum size which the user then increases, an approach I prefer. With this beta it seems you've increased the initial correction size; was this in response to requests? If it's all the same to everyone else I'd rather stay with the original setup. Secondly, it would be better for me if the rescan/superscan dialogue opened in the same positon on the screen where it was when I last opened it, as does the autoscan. Presently it always opens in the middle of the screen and I need to constantly move it upwards to open and view the advanced settings. For that matter, I would prefer it the advanced panel stayed open, but I can live without it. Lastly, on occasion the correction width setting seems to default back to normal, instead of remembering my last setting. I'm not sure about this one; I need more time to play with it. Everything else seems ok. Keep up the good work. :D
Glenn
Glenn

Postby Derek » Mon Aug 08, 2005 8:23 am

Dear Glen

Thanks for the feedback and sorry for the delay in replying. I've ben busy. :)

Re. the width of inserted corrections, I made this change because novice users get very confused when they insert a correction and nothing happens. I know they can 'read the ..manual' but who does that?

I think I may make it so that when the correction width is set to 'narrow', the inserted correction is minimum width. Would that be a reasonable compromise?

Re. the positioning of the dialogues, I've now made the rescan dialogues behave like the main options dialogue. It'll be in the next build.
Derek Higgins
Wave Corrector Developer
http://www.wavecor.co.uk
Derek
Site Admin

Return to Beta Comments