[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Wave Corrector Users • View topic - Can't add track markers

Can't add track markers

Please post your support queries here.

Moderator: Derek

Can't add track markers

Postby Roger » Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:20 am

Greetings everyone

I’m an old user, had many hours of use of this fine program, but after having had a crash, have re-installed the program, got the key etc.
I find that once a .wav recording has been scanned in one track, no track divisions, I cannot insert track markers using the “tab” key, in preparing a recording for CD burning. Using the “tab” key does show a marker, but on clicking the divide icon at the top I get the “too close to an existing “ message. Using the "tab" key was how i added track markers originally.

I have enabled Auto-scan “track splitting” in “Options”.

I need to (a) remove some announcers chat, (b) insert track markers so that discs when burned have separate tracks and (c) divide the recording into 2, because it is 95 minutes long.

Previously this would have been a doddle. Now it is impossible.

Help please, you experts!!!!

Roger
Roger

Postby citguy » Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:43 pm

Hi Roger: There are track fragments too small to see on the spectrum. Use your arrows to find the ends of tracks and join the bits of tracks in that area back into one larger track then do your split and it will work.
Stan
citguy

Tracks; part 2

Postby Roger » Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:53 pm

Hi Stan

Thanks for your suggestion. However, the track list found by clicking "Tracks" at the top shows only 1 track. I don't think what you have identified is really the problem.

I found out that there is a small marker running along below the main window, which moves the waveform along and indicates where the splitting marker will operate. This is so different from what I had previously that it's almost like a new program. Now I stop the playback at the precise moment and click the "Split" icon, and I get the division OK. So far so good. (Apologies for non-technical terms!)

I have looked minutely through the help guidance and can find no real description of this. Previously I must have been using an early version of the program. I am certain the use of the "tab" key inserted the track markers before.

Perhaps you could point me to the paragraph in the Help notes where the "new" correct procedure is described.

Cheers and thanks for your help

Roger
Roger

Postby citguy » Fri Jan 09, 2009 6:04 pm

Hi Roger. I only offered the suggestion based on having the same problem and solving it by joining all the track fragments back together then splitting. These "fragments" did not show as tracks for me either. Possibly you are experiencing a different problem.
Stan
citguy

Tracks part 3

Postby Roger » Fri Jan 09, 2009 6:25 pm

Hi Stan

I see. Well, once you got back to having just ONE track, what was your procedure for splitting....and where does it tell in in the Help notes.?
I did manage this act, and divided my recording into 12 tracks, very pleased I was too! But I was doing it intuitively and by trial and error. I'd like to be more organised if I can be!

In my previous version, there was a "variable sensitivity" setting, which enabled one to predetermine how long the gaps of silence would be when autmatically inserting tracks. Setting this to zero gave one long track, which one could then scan manually, adding track markers as one went along. This was ideal for me. Is there a way of recreating that setting?

Perhaps Derek might come in on this, if no one else has a suggestion.

Thanks for your help, Stan, and anyone else who chips in.

Cheers
Roger
Roger

Postby citguy » Fri Jan 09, 2009 6:34 pm

citguy

Postby Derek » Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:40 am

Derek
Site Admin

tracks (last)

Postby Roger » Sat Jan 10, 2009 1:53 pm

Roger

Postby citguy » Sat Jan 10, 2009 5:16 pm