Scope of 'Fade type'

Post here if you have suggestions or requests for future enhancements.

Moderator: Derek

Scope of 'Fade type'

Postby bmbguy » Sun May 29, 2011 6:49 pm

I like to experiment with using different fade types in different situations, but it appears that the fade type is stored more as a persistent global setting, rather than on a 'per session' basis. When I set fade type to linear in one session, then open another session where I thought I'd been using log fades, those fades that I thought were logarithmic are now supposedly linear -- at least that's what the menu interface tells me.

Could the fade type be stored in the session file, so that each session could use a different fade type that was persistent? Ideally, it would be nice if they could be done differently on a 'per fade' basis, but per session would be better than one 'global' setting.

In other words, I think that if I set my fades to be logarithmic in one session, then switch to using linear fades in another session, it would be nice if they were still set as logarithmic in that first session. That doesn't appear to be the way it works now. If I change the fade type and reopen that first session, the program now says the fade type has been changed to linear. And maybe the fades haven't changed, but the menu tells me they have.

That seems like if you thought you were completely DONE with a session, and had your fades set exactly the way you wanted them, then went off and worked on another session and changed the fade type -- when you went back to that DONE session to save your final WAV files, your fades might not sound the same as you thought they did...and you thought you were done!! I think I should be able to load up a session file and have everything exactly the way I left it the last time I saved it.

Maybe I'm wrong on how things work, and if I am, feel free to straighten me out.

Thanks,
Randy
bmbguy

Postby Derek » Sun May 29, 2011 8:29 pm

Hi Randy

Yes, that does seem to be an oversight on my part. Since the fade type affects the corrected wave files, it should be stored in the session file. It should be quite easy to add it as part of the next release.

Thanks for bringing it to my attention.
Derek Higgins
Wave Corrector Developer
http://www.wavecor.co.uk
Derek
Site Admin

Postby bmbguy » Mon May 30, 2011 4:45 pm

Thanks Derek!
bmbguy

Return to Wish List