Frequences from 110 to 190hz with 10hz pass

This forum is for discussing Wave Corrector, audio projects, tips & tricks etc.

Moderator: Derek

Bass trap and other devices

Postby Sandy Fairservice » Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:16 pm

I built a bass trap for about $NZ80 from plans in Alton Everest's book on acoustics. Then I stuck it under the bed--there is a bed in my "studio". That fixed the bass because it resonates at 100 Hz. Everest also gives lots of tables for materials and sizes. You can build BBC mid-range panels too, just as simply. Using Audacity's tone generator I "squeaked" the room, but there was a nasty dip caused by the speaker's interaction with the wall. So I resorted to a good healthy handclap, which on Audacity let me see the shape of the decay and its causes. Better to fix the studio than tweak your equipment's frequency response.
Sandy Fairservice

Postby Glenn » Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:56 pm

Thanks for the tip, Sandy. The book looks as though it would make a useful addition to my library.

I see a feisty NZ spirit brings a recovery well under way.

All the best,
Glenn
Black is beautiful!
Glenn

Re: Bass trap and other devices

Postby Vest » Mon Oct 31, 2011 4:18 pm

Sandy Fairservice wrote:I built a bass trap for about $NZ80 from plans in Alton Everest's book on acoustics. Then I stuck it under the bed--there is a bed in my "studio". That fixed the bass because it resonates at 100 Hz. Everest also gives lots of tables for materials and sizes. You can build BBC mid-range panels too, just as simply. Using Audacity's tone generator I "squeaked" the room, but there was a nasty dip caused by the speaker's interaction with the wall. So I resorted to a good healthy handclap, which on Audacity let me see the shape of the decay and its causes. Better to fix the studio than tweak your equipment's frequency response.

I agree it is better to fix the studio. If you take a look at www.deamp.com you will see how you easily can get assistance to fix your studio - og homecinema :D
Vest

Previous

Return to Chat