Valid CD

This forum is for discussing Wave Corrector, audio projects, tips & tricks etc.

Moderator: Derek

Valid CD

Postby paul » Wed Feb 09, 2005 5:37 am

I play my CDs using a portable Sony Discman.

I recently transferred a series of recordings from vinyl using Wave Corrector with, as I then supposed, great success. I've listened to all 8 CDs with the Sony Discman without any problems.

In trying to relisten to one of these CDs yesterday, my cd player's remote control device stopped working. Although I managed to start the CD manually, it stopped playing after a few minutes.

The batteries were 100%. When I got home, I loaded a commercial CD and everything then worked again. On retrying my CD, nothing worked.

The CDs were burned using a Sony dual-layer DVD-ROM unit.

???
---
Paul
paul

Postby Derek » Wed Feb 09, 2005 2:48 pm

It sounds as though your CD player is not compatible with the particular brand of CDR you're using. I'd advise trying a different brand. It's not uncommon for some CD players to be fussy about what CDR's they'll play.

Others may be able to advise you further.
Derek Higgins
Wave Corrector Developer
http://www.wavecor.co.uk
Derek
Site Admin

Re: Valid CD

Postby Joe » Sat Feb 19, 2005 2:04 am

paul wrote:I play my CDs using a portable Sony Discman.

I recently transferred a series of recordings from vinyl using Wave Corrector with, as I then supposed, great success. I've listened to all 8 CDs with the Sony Discman without any problems.

In trying to relisten to one of these CDs yesterday, my cd player's remote control device stopped working. Although I managed to start the CD manually, it stopped playing after a few minutes.

The batteries were 100%. When I got home, I loaded a commercial CD and everything then worked again. On retrying my CD, nothing worked.

The CDs were burned using a Sony dual-layer DVD-ROM unit.

???
: Hi Paul I recently read an article regarding recording audio CD's .In this the author advises against using DVD burners to burn audio CD's (especially dual-layer). Apparently it's something to do with the lazer parameters .I must admit I have had no problem as yet using my DVD burner, but mine is just a single layer DVD burner. Since reading this article I have reverted back using my CDR Drive for burning audio..
Joe

Return to Chat