[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Wave Corrector Users • View topic - sound levelling

sound levelling

This forum is for discussing Wave Corrector, audio projects, tips & tricks etc.

Moderator: Derek

sound levelling

Postby lltunes » Sat Jun 03, 2006 8:47 pm

If one purchases upgrade to Music Matchbox, apparently there is a feature there that will equalize sound levels on songs once they are on your computer. I don't have that software so I don't know how it works.

I have copied many old cassettes to my computer and have split each into separate songs. I selected several songs from different tapes and tried to burn. But when I listened to the CD, I had to continually adjust the volume on player. Some played much louder than other and some I could hardly hear. I sure would like to be able to level out all the sound so they play at the same levels.

I was wondering if anyone knows of any other software which will equalize volume levels. Nothing fancy, just the basics.
lltunes

Postby citguy » Sun Jun 04, 2006 12:45 am

I believe you will have to save all the tracks separately and then reload each of them one at a time to nomalize them individually. I could be wrong on this. Derek?????

Stan
citguy

Postby Derek » Wed Jun 07, 2006 8:18 am

Derek
Site Admin

sound normalizing

Postby lltunes » Fri Jun 09, 2006 8:19 pm

lltunes

Postby citguy » Fri Jun 09, 2006 11:46 pm

citguy

Postby interactive dj » Thu Aug 31, 2006 6:02 am

Just to add to this old post. While playing around with Karaoke files I had the need to "Normalise" the tracks and found this interesting utility called mp3gain which seems to do a good job on MP3 files.
interactive dj

Re: sound levelling

Postby ashley » Tue Dec 05, 2006 8:37 am

ashley

Return to Chat