[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Wave Corrector Users • View topic - Linearly averaged noise profile

Linearly averaged noise profile

Post here if you have suggestions or requests for future enhancements.

Moderator: Derek

Linearly averaged noise profile

Postby schiller » Mon Jan 17, 2005 9:46 pm

I mainly use WC on shellac, and there, due to all the parameters of the format and the scanning process, a noise profile sampled in the lead-in will typically differ much from a noise profile as found in the lead-out.

When de-noising with one of these, it is typically found to work quite well close to where the profile was sampled and degrade in efficiency the further away one gets.

HENCE:

Why not allow to specify TWO noise samples N1, N2 say at times t1, t2 (beginning and end of track) and employ a time-dependent noise profile that is a linear mix of the two when de-noising the signal in between:

N(t) = N1x((t2-t)/(t2-t1)) + N2x((t-t1)/(t2-t1))
schiller

Postby Derek » Tue Jan 18, 2005 10:08 am

Derek
Site Admin

Postby schiller » Sat Jan 22, 2005 1:41 am

schiller

Postby Derek » Sun Jan 23, 2005 3:35 pm

Derek
Site Admin

Postby mannie.gross » Mon May 23, 2005 6:30 am

mannie.gross

Postby Derek » Wed May 25, 2005 8:06 am

Derek
Site Admin

Postby mannie.gross » Wed May 25, 2005 8:25 pm

mannie.gross

Postby Derek » Wed May 25, 2005 8:51 pm

Derek
Site Admin

Postby mannie.gross » Thu May 26, 2005 5:29 am

mannie.gross

Postby mannie.gross » Wed Nov 02, 2005 8:05 pm

mannie.gross

Postby Derek » Thu Nov 03, 2005 10:06 am

Derek
Site Admin

Postby mannie.gross » Mon Jul 31, 2006 8:41 pm

I don't think I can see this in the just released beta. Pity, I was looking forward to this feature.

Regards,
Mannie
mannie.gross

Postby Derek » Tue Aug 01, 2006 7:12 am

Yes, sorry about that. I am still looking at it and it could still be included in this release cycle. It was given a low priority because I'm not sure how big a requirement there is for this.

Do you (or anyone else) have a sample file that exhibits this phenomenon, ie where the noise varies linearly between the start and end of the file? I'd like to be able to test the effectiveness of any change I make. We have an ftp site that you could upload to. You can pm me for details.
Derek
Site Admin

Postby mannie.gross » Tue Aug 01, 2006 9:13 pm

Sorry, I don't have one that I know of. How would I tell? I suppose what I am hoping for is something that will give me better noise removal. I could test this by listening to the results.

Regards,
Mannie
mannie.gross

Postby Derek » Mon Aug 07, 2006 9:44 am

The latest build of the beta now implements this functionality. See
Derek
Site Admin

Return to Wish List