Autoscale

Post here if you have suggestions or requests for future enhancements.

Moderator: Derek

Autoscale

Postby Arnold » Tue Aug 14, 2007 3:39 am

Hi Derek,
As I've commented to you before, WC is a wonderful product and well worth your modest fee. But a bit of a tweak would be a big help.

Maybe I'm a bit of a perfectionist or a glutton for punishment, but I like to quickly review all the corrections before saving. This way I can find false positives and under/over corrections. I find as I go through, that I am constantly changing the vertical scale to get the best view of a correction. If the vertical scale setting had an auto position that would select the scale setting that best filled the screen without going "out of bounds" each time one steps from correction to correction, it would greatly enhance visibility while speeding up the review process.

Thanks,
Arnold
Arnold

Postby Derek » Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:24 am

Hi Arnold

Yes, this has been asked for before, (maybe even by you :) ). I'll have another look at it and see what I can do. I seem to remember, it was a little tricky to implement which may have been why I didn't do it. However, I'll make another attempt for the next release.
Derek Higgins
Wave Corrector Developer
http://www.wavecor.co.uk
Derek
Site Admin

Autoscale

Postby Arnold » Tue Aug 14, 2007 2:09 pm

That would be great.

Thank you!
Arnold
Arnold

Postby Arnold » Thu Aug 23, 2007 3:30 am

I just downloaded and tried Beta 3.4 build 0. The autoscale is just as useful as I had envisioned. I can just fly through a waveform now looking for those nasty clicks that defy automatic detection. And reviewing the automatic corrections is quicker and easier for lack of the constant manual adjustment of the scale. I can concentrate on the corrections rather than the mechanics of the program.

Beautifully implemented! My compliments and my gratitude.

Arnold
Arnold

Return to Wish List