[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Wave Corrector Users • View topic - scanning for corrections based on length

scanning for corrections based on length

Post here if you have suggestions or requests for future enhancements.

Moderator: Derek

Postby ramiller » Wed Jan 19, 2005 3:07 am

ramiller

Postby Derek » Wed Jan 19, 2005 10:06 am

Derek
Site Admin

Postby ramiller » Fri Jan 21, 2005 8:48 pm

I think that would be fine, that would reduce the number of corretions to search through to find these by a large percentage.
ramiller

Postby Glenn » Mon Feb 28, 2005 5:50 pm

Hi;

I include myself, along with Mr. Miller, as a very satisfied customer. Wave Corrector is by far the best click detection and correction software I have used, regardless of price. As an audiophile, my approach to click removal in the past has been the 'hunt and peck' method, correcting the noise by redrawing the waveform with a pencil. Wave Corrector has made this approach obsolete, but one can only begin to appreciate how good it is when it comes to 'fine tuning' the results.

On a level 3 scan, it provides acceptable results in a matter of minutes. However, on closer examination of the sound I noticed that percussion transients are often smoothed over, removing the dynamics. Also, instruments such as saxophone can sound dull, lacking the 'edginess' of the live instument. Applying a level 2 scan leaves too many clicks in the recording, forcing one back to the 'hunt and peck' method to remove them.

What I have noticed is that in most instances where the click detector is over-shooting, there will be a large number of sequential corrections (either 0 or .001 seconds apart) of varying magnitudes in the list. My current approach is to find these sequential corrections and remove them as a block. Some means to help identify these sequential clusters would be helpful to me. Perhaps they could be indicated by a different colour, or some other identifying marker.

I'd like to second Mr Miller's request for some means of reducing the correction width. However, I envision an approach that would adjust all the corrections across the board. Something like an option to 'tighten corrections' in the autoscan options, along with the ability to vary the amount of adjustment that would be applied. In this way, one could fine tune the corrections to a level of audibility that would be appropriate for the listener. I don't claim to understand the principles involved to say whether this is workable or if it would even provide the desired results.

I feel the best way to improve the already excellent engine that is the program's core strength, is simply to provide more tools to accelerate the final editing that is inevitably necessary for producing the highest quality results that Wave Corrector is capable of.

Glenn
Glenn

Postby Derek » Tue Mar 01, 2005 9:54 am

Yes, I am aware for the problem of the sequential clusters. It has been brought up before. The correction signature option was an attempt to identify these but it is not very effective. I'm actively looking at ways to overcome these problems so your suggestions are very welcome. Maybe a signature in the main window rather than the overview window would be more useful as it would allow you to zoom in to the problem areas.

Discriminating between clicks and music is very difficult. When you consider the vast range of the musical repertoire, it is perhaps not surprising. Added to this is problem that some records are near pristine whereas others are in a dreadful state with ingrained dirt in their grooves.

Please be assured I am working hard to find a solution to this.
Derek
Site Admin

Postby Glenn » Thu Mar 10, 2005 1:19 am

Glenn

Return to Wish List