Wave Corrector Recording Error

Please post your support queries here.

Moderator: Derek

Wave Corrector Recording Error

Postby krip » Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:48 pm

I recently attempted to record an LP as I have done for years, and a Wave Corrector Error immediately popped up:
"Undefined External Error"
I am using Window 10, and a Realtek High Definition Audio Card.
I am certain that I have successfully made recordings after Windows 10.
The LP plays through the speakers normally.

I have Uninstalled the audio driver, and Wave Corrector, and then reinstalled them both, and continue with the same result.

As an alternative, I tried using Audacity. Interestingly enough, the only setting that yielded recorded sound with Audacity was Windows WASAP, and having Realtek Speakers chosen!?!
When 'Sound' is open, there is a signal showing on Realtek Line In; however, both Wave Corrector and Audacity appear to be unable to connect.

I do not believe this problem in with Wave Corrector, Audacity, OR Realtek. I suspect it is Windows that has changed something, as the Realtek Stereo Mix is also inoperable.

I am reaching out that someone else out there has experienced this, and hopefully has a solution.

Regards,
Keith
krip

Re: Wave Corrector Recording Error(self-response)

Postby krip » Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:20 pm

Ok, I am answering my own question :-)

It took days, but I finally found this solution:

“For some users Windows 10 is now blocking Audacity from using the microphone, on the basis of privacy settings.
After upgrading to version 1803, some users have been reporting that the microphone is getting detected, but it doesn't pick up any sound.
In order to get around this issue, Microsoft recommends that you need to enable the microphone in your Privacy settings using these steps:
1) Open Settings
2) Click on Privacy
3) Click on Microphone
4) Turn on the Allow apps to access your microphone toggle switch.”

Even though there is no microphone connected to my system, as soon as I allowed apps to access the microphone, both "line-in" and "stereo mix" miraculously started working again!
Keith
Attachments
Wave Corrector Record Error.jpg
Wave Corrector Record Error.jpg (123.41 KiB) Viewed 966 times
krip

Return to Support